12.07.2005

Adjoined by Gay Flick

Margaux 12/7

I’d like to share views of last night flick seeing with a friend.
Me: “I doubt if pinoys are ready to see those kinds of film” (referring to a cinemalaya film).
She: “Ngek but why, aren’t you happy people enjoy films like that once a while?”.
Me: “I do, in fact I hardly see flaws but I am disturbed how the audience reacted. Parang we’ve seen an influx of art films during the past years but hey, they’re sort that come only during festivals. Why the audience reacts, laugh, or wheeze when they’re not supposed to.. di ba?”.
She: “Well this is SM Nort Edsa not your Greenbelt”
She: “In general, ano nga?”
Me: “Siguro what this film was able to do was to illuminate the extended purpose embedded to them – to mirror the society. Parang nung Martial Law, nina Brocka.., I hope film makes acknowledged that.”
She: “Maybe with more digitals coming in, as dictated by the plunging economy, eventually inflicted/ mass audience will grow and demands an urged for more brilliant, well thought films”
She: “Kanina pa yang text mo ah?”
Me: “Libre mo ‘ko Tazo, small lang”.
I had a reunion with a fellow movie house buddy way back in the college last night after five years - she, (then) goes to Diliman and would normally arrive first on our meeting place while I, who comes from UST, rushes the shortest way out from Sampaloc quadrangle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home