1.15.2005

Friends (Reviewed)

Muan 01/15

I remember how I felt stupid mid-last year, asking about a DVD copy of this Korean TV series at Virra Mall, though I have asserted I wasn’t referring to the TV series we loved during our high school days; its funny how they'd try to please me with a Friends DVD copy promising it does have Chinese and Korean subtitles. Argh!

And finally yesterday, an officemate assigned in our China office lend me a decent VCD copy and there, I was set for the whole Sunday watching the total of 6 discs of the Korean flick.



Ji-Hoon, who loved filmmaking, went to Hong Kong to visit his aunt who owned a restaurant. Tomoko also was in Hong Kong for traveling, but she was pick-pocketed. When she chased after the thief, she bumped into Ji-Hoon. Tomoko followed Ji-Hoon since she had no money, so Ji-Hoon took her to his aunt’s restaurant to feed her. Tomoko and Ji-Hoon started getting to know each other through body language. Instead of paying the bill for the food, Ji-Hoon asked Tomoko to be his actress. Tomoko was happy to do that, but Ji-Hoon only asked her to run from point to point. While filming her running, Ji-Hoon fell in love with this naïve, kind, and cute Tomoko.

When Ji-Hoon came back to Seoul, he received an e-mail from Tomoko, and they continued their relationship via e-mails. In the mean time, Ji-Hoon was the only son in the Kim family, so his parents were shocked by the fact that Ji-Hoon was dating a Japanese girl. Tomoko started learning Korean and became fluent in the language. The touching love relationship became increasingly difficult to maintain because of their nationalities and the cultural differences. Can they be together in the end?



Review:

"Naiyak ako.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home