How do you talk to an angel?
Margaux 0225
I talked to her yesterday over glass of frap - on rare occasion luck is tucked with in my side, perhaps it has something to do with the frap. The meeting was planned, though I was in doubt it would push through despite of her confirmation. An hour ahead, I grabbed a beer with friends in a bar next to our office. It was my last day anyway and pleaded a treat of a bowl of beef tips. I was full, after my second beer – a remorse of a supposedly date fading in the dark. My phone lights up and it was seven.
The Frap was good, the coffee jelly was sweet.
***
It was pass ten. My phone lights up creating a beaming face at the night of emergency-declared state. My head is infuriating. She filled in more questions, blight eagerness.
***
David vs. Goliath
Monitoring the event unfolds yesterday over the wires, I learned the gravity of Proclamation 1017, putting the entire nation in state of emergency with the arrest of UP professor and Inquirer columnist Randy David as they march in EDSA in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of blood-less revolt better known as EDSA 1.
Palace resolved it was due to the eminent and present danger being placed by anti-government forces involving the leftist, disgruntled military and civilians.
The ill-fated government of GMA, also installed in the same manner former President Cory took presidency after the civilian backed coup d’ etat in 1986. GMA over threw then President Estrada who was tried on impeachment complains over corruption and immorality. People, students including me marched to EDSA and waded for change. GMA declared she’d serve as transition president but lied. Instead she runs against popular FPJ and presumably won. The next thing we know is the existence of Garci tapes. The clamor for truth rise as the supposedly pillars of democracy becomes futile.
I wonder why. I suspect few things why GMA remains in power despite of the maddening call for supreme sacrifice for her to resign. Economy was ill. Even the middle-class earners perhaps feel untoward with the government programs, politicking and bickering. But why these people refuses to join the masses protest in EDSA? Will they or rather go to work instead? These same people are the one protesting about the anarchic rallies organized along EDSA. They’re mad because the roads are blocked and the inconvenience brought up by traffic is nothing worst than the government imposing higher taxes.
Last night as I traverse the rarely decongested EDSA, I feel a total dismay and disappointment to EDSA. I feel sorry Ninoy. I believed the Filipino insulted themselves by allowing GMA grabbed power.
I talked to her yesterday over glass of frap - on rare occasion luck is tucked with in my side, perhaps it has something to do with the frap. The meeting was planned, though I was in doubt it would push through despite of her confirmation. An hour ahead, I grabbed a beer with friends in a bar next to our office. It was my last day anyway and pleaded a treat of a bowl of beef tips. I was full, after my second beer – a remorse of a supposedly date fading in the dark. My phone lights up and it was seven.
The Frap was good, the coffee jelly was sweet.
***
It was pass ten. My phone lights up creating a beaming face at the night of emergency-declared state. My head is infuriating. She filled in more questions, blight eagerness.
***
David vs. Goliath
Monitoring the event unfolds yesterday over the wires, I learned the gravity of Proclamation 1017, putting the entire nation in state of emergency with the arrest of UP professor and Inquirer columnist Randy David as they march in EDSA in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of blood-less revolt better known as EDSA 1.
Palace resolved it was due to the eminent and present danger being placed by anti-government forces involving the leftist, disgruntled military and civilians.
The ill-fated government of GMA, also installed in the same manner former President Cory took presidency after the civilian backed coup d’ etat in 1986. GMA over threw then President Estrada who was tried on impeachment complains over corruption and immorality. People, students including me marched to EDSA and waded for change. GMA declared she’d serve as transition president but lied. Instead she runs against popular FPJ and presumably won. The next thing we know is the existence of Garci tapes. The clamor for truth rise as the supposedly pillars of democracy becomes futile.
I wonder why. I suspect few things why GMA remains in power despite of the maddening call for supreme sacrifice for her to resign. Economy was ill. Even the middle-class earners perhaps feel untoward with the government programs, politicking and bickering. But why these people refuses to join the masses protest in EDSA? Will they or rather go to work instead? These same people are the one protesting about the anarchic rallies organized along EDSA. They’re mad because the roads are blocked and the inconvenience brought up by traffic is nothing worst than the government imposing higher taxes.
Last night as I traverse the rarely decongested EDSA, I feel a total dismay and disappointment to EDSA. I feel sorry Ninoy. I believed the Filipino insulted themselves by allowing GMA grabbed power.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home