Familiar Grounds
Muan 06/28
My first encounter with this supernatural phenomenon (of which up-to-this days is still a mystery), was during my pubescent year. I flew to an era of barbaric civilization and later discovered I was a gallant warrior based on the trans-regression and tarot readings I had. Ever since, my fascination over paranormal manifestations, astral projections, past-life and little Buddhism began.
The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all.
The phenomenon is rather complex, and there are many different theories as to why déjà vu happens. Swiss scholar Arthur Funkhouser suggests that there are several "déjà experiences" and asserts that in order to better study the phenomenon, the nuances between the experiences need to be noted. In the examples mentioned above, Funkhouser would describe the first incidence as déjà visité ("already visited") and the second as déjà vecu ("already experienced or lived through")
There is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjà vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience. Obviously, there is more investigation to be done.
Meanwhile, I frequently to observe Déjà vu unfolding these days while awake – watching ships pass by from a nomad’s island.
My first encounter with this supernatural phenomenon (of which up-to-this days is still a mystery), was during my pubescent year. I flew to an era of barbaric civilization and later discovered I was a gallant warrior based on the trans-regression and tarot readings I had. Ever since, my fascination over paranormal manifestations, astral projections, past-life and little Buddhism began.
The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all.
The phenomenon is rather complex, and there are many different theories as to why déjà vu happens. Swiss scholar Arthur Funkhouser suggests that there are several "déjà experiences" and asserts that in order to better study the phenomenon, the nuances between the experiences need to be noted. In the examples mentioned above, Funkhouser would describe the first incidence as déjà visité ("already visited") and the second as déjà vecu ("already experienced or lived through")
There is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjà vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience. Obviously, there is more investigation to be done.
Meanwhile, I frequently to observe Déjà vu unfolding these days while awake – watching ships pass by from a nomad’s island.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home