8.29.2005

Dragonflies and Holidays

Margaux 08/29

Doors are opening, and I often caught myself off handed, inside a room welcomed by sheer smiles and utmost sincerity. I am pleased and overwhelmed. My spirit soared high, belittled the usual skeptic I was.

***

Saturday came. With three hours sleep; I braved the morning traffic way to nearby bustling park in Quezon City. I nodded a last minute call for a photo shoot for a freelance project I am doing despite of an anticipated cram after lunch. I am scheduled for a demo class in a posh design school in Taft Avenue at around 2pm. It’s a good thing I finished the shoot an hour early than my expected pack up time. My client, being notorious of being unnecessary arduous for shoot woke up on the wrong side of bed that morning.

I was 30 minute early to my schedule. Everything went fine except that I left my VGA adapter in the computer room. I immediately rushed my way out from the campus premises because I feel I would fall asleep soon. True enough, I woke up and as the train announces we just have to alight on the last station in North Avenue. Rain began to fell so I needed to ride a cab. Margaux is with me and I am afraid she might get soaked in the rain if I’d rushed to get home. My place is just across the street, at the back of the huge shopping mall, that’s about 10 minutes walk away. I shelled out 50 bucks as a result of the cab litany on the soaring crude prices.

I hit the sack hurriedly.

My phone rang at around 6. My ride is fast approaching EDSA so I was instructed to proceed to waiting shed right next to a car dealer. We reached Tarlac at around 9pm. Finally I was home after two straight weeks in Manila.

I surely miss coming home.

Any significant Sunday activity? I listed two. Pay a visit to my father fish farm, bathed my dog (well, it’s a simple task of tossing him in the pond and watch him to swim back) and ran after dragonflies in the field. The latter activity gave me a brilliant idea of having dragonflies as subject of photography, I keep on imagining there will be a handful of these winged- breed and it would be great if I could capture them on lens and latter mounting them on an exhibit. Oh boy, I need to save up for that ultra-high-tech-assed Nikon DSLR.

***

While jotting this note, I heard Malacanang just clarified the most welcomed holiday touted Saturday night, applies only to government and schools alone.

See how erratic our embattled government can be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home