Whatever Happened To Just Plain Coffee?
Margaux 0419
It was pass 9 pm and I am still enjoying a good slack on a couch inside Starbucks Coffee in Glorietta when a neatly folded newspaper caught my attention. Perhaps it could be the unusual layout and text embedded on the broadsheet which apparently got my interest despite of feeling sleepy and not-enthusiastic for a la-dee-daa talk. The paper is published by BusinessMirror and bannered a caffeine-oriented phrase "I sip, therefore, I am", pre-empting an advertorial of Starbucks Coffee. "Starbucks makes sure you can be alone when you're out if you really needed to be" says Jill Lawless of Associated Press.
Read full article here.
Ever since I moved to Makati office, I'm pleased to discover the fact that there are few good coffee places near my office. Its like I never left the coffee heaven Emerald Avenue. (Ortigas). I've got UCC, Starbucks, Seattles Best, Old Manila and I couldn't ask for more. But as for my doctors advise to limit my coffee intake simply because I put lots of sugar to my coffee (think prevention) and so I settled for a regular McDo drip coffee for 25 bucks. My new Starbucks spill-proof canister is now accostumed in its role as "water glass" and occassionally as paper wieght. On the practical aspect, I'd rather spend my hundreds on a cab than coffee each day except on Tuesdays where I got to see Ms. Rice Crackers.
It was pass 9 pm and I am still enjoying a good slack on a couch inside Starbucks Coffee in Glorietta when a neatly folded newspaper caught my attention. Perhaps it could be the unusual layout and text embedded on the broadsheet which apparently got my interest despite of feeling sleepy and not-enthusiastic for a la-dee-daa talk. The paper is published by BusinessMirror and bannered a caffeine-oriented phrase "I sip, therefore, I am", pre-empting an advertorial of Starbucks Coffee. "Starbucks makes sure you can be alone when you're out if you really needed to be" says Jill Lawless of Associated Press.
Read full article here.
Ever since I moved to Makati office, I'm pleased to discover the fact that there are few good coffee places near my office. Its like I never left the coffee heaven Emerald Avenue. (Ortigas). I've got UCC, Starbucks, Seattles Best, Old Manila and I couldn't ask for more. But as for my doctors advise to limit my coffee intake simply because I put lots of sugar to my coffee (think prevention) and so I settled for a regular McDo drip coffee for 25 bucks. My new Starbucks spill-proof canister is now accostumed in its role as "water glass" and occassionally as paper wieght. On the practical aspect, I'd rather spend my hundreds on a cab than coffee each day except on Tuesdays where I got to see Ms. Rice Crackers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home