12.01.2006

Remote Controled Shopping

Margaux 1201

I had my initial taste of Christmas shopping spree today. After running some errands this morning and warm coffee chit-chat after lunch, I devored myself breaking the slow moving traffic to Divisoria, a place where cheap, china-made wares, goods and toys can be found. A exuberant talent of getting into the flow of pedestrian traffic and witty bargaining skills are much needed on this side of Metro Manila if you wish to get home with a bagful of loot. I had a few hours malling this morning, looking around hobby shop for a possible toy upgrade. I got a Walkera RC Helicopter few weeks ago and now I want a real one. I was told Divi has a store that sells cheap RC and so I am perflexed to get there right away.

I was there at six sharp and alas the store was already closed and so I proceeded to the next Bodega Mall and look for alternative toys. I was able to scout a cheap Mini RC Toys from a obvious chinese trader. The store helpers keep on calling her "amang" I noticed. She was charming, and gleefully offered a 20 pesos discount if I buy in bulk. I decided to get few pieces for my pamangkins, I picked seven units and went home doing math on my head what is left for my grocery budget. My card came handy at Rustans. Merry Christmas, at least I have two 1-liter bottles of Vodka reserved for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home