10.06.2008

Papang

Mireille 1006

This is an uber late post as I haven't posted for almost year. But friends prompted me to open this online pandora.

The whole morning today, I've been reading thought from friends about their moms, of becoming a mom and being a mom. I was envious but what would I write? I barely recall my mom... something I wish I had a few to recollect.

I am revisiting drafts and here's an entry I knew I should have posted the day I wrote it - about my father.


Margaux 061807

Papang called Thursday afternoon. He's coming to Manila Friday morning.

I'd free up my afternoon schedule to accompany him. I assume by lunch time, he would've finish his errands at Professionals Regulation Commission in Morayta and at the Philippine Public School Teachers Association in Banawe Avenue.

Papang called by 2pm. I hurried down to our building, and catch a cab on my way to meet him.

Papang has grown old.

We merely had 20 minutes talking inside the cab. I see him every weekend but our brief enclosure inside a cab was different.

We had another hour and half walking inside a mall in Tayuman (SM San Lazaro). We looked for a bag he wanted and luckily the last store we went through, he finally liked one. He said he liked it because it would be perfect to keep his office documents when he travels to the Division Office in Tarlac City from our place. I convinced him to pair it with a checkered Polo Shirt.

I swiped my card and we leaved for Makati.

On the cab, I told him about my rented place, how convenient and close it is to my workplace. He's about to see it in the next few minutes. I am reading his excitement on his face as he already knew about it, by the stories of my 4 year old nephew - It got a nice pool and an air bed.

I told him yeah it's nice but nothing beats the place I go home to each Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger beewai said...

haay salamat, yer back!

i miss yer posts!

parents... they're like stufftoys.. they're so lovable.. when you leave them, you'll find them right where you left them. =)

you should hug 1 today.

10/07/2008 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home