Life is Changing
Muan 11/22
It was pass 10:00 pm already and I have few more good hours to kill before I pick up my hard shell backpack.
On it are my things for the 1-day break from work- a raincoat sweater, a half-consumed book, phone chargers and cables that comes with Muan. For quite a few years now, I’ve been to this weekly setup- staying up late during Sunday night to keep attuned with the unforgiving hours of the coming day. Breaking a new week means nothing to me other than breezing the cold windy Tarlac road before daybreak.
Muan is already tucked but the wind blowing from our balcony is inviting. Few minutes later, the irate dogs stopped their growls as the melodic chirpings in the dark become so intense and chanting. Muan looks good on the dark, her keypads subtlety glow and it feels nice to type on them. Beside her is my envious Mumu, still waiting for abbreviated messages that would make my night sweeter a bit but he failed. "Don't you have more than enough of her" I shrug.
The opaque darkness mesmerized me. “Why don’t you turn the lights on, the switch is right there next to your left” my dad suggested but I asserted I’m okay. Other than the blue light that my phone emits and the red light seen far behind the right wing of our abode (appearing to be a cell site), there’s none. How come there’s no chirping lights in this place yet? Normally, during these times after November 1, the neighborhood is well lighted with adoring Christmas lights of all kinds, colors and grand. There’s still no sound or traces of December here. I forgot my mom was saying something to me early this morning; it goes like I have to check out the busted lamps of last year’s setup. Oh, by the way, I was still asleep then and that it goes out of my mind almost. On the other hand I wonder if we did have Christmas last year. My Lolo passed away the December 26th and I still recall spending Christmas Eve on the hospital.
Life is changing.
It was pass 10:00 pm already and I have few more good hours to kill before I pick up my hard shell backpack.
On it are my things for the 1-day break from work- a raincoat sweater, a half-consumed book, phone chargers and cables that comes with Muan. For quite a few years now, I’ve been to this weekly setup- staying up late during Sunday night to keep attuned with the unforgiving hours of the coming day. Breaking a new week means nothing to me other than breezing the cold windy Tarlac road before daybreak.
Muan is already tucked but the wind blowing from our balcony is inviting. Few minutes later, the irate dogs stopped their growls as the melodic chirpings in the dark become so intense and chanting. Muan looks good on the dark, her keypads subtlety glow and it feels nice to type on them. Beside her is my envious Mumu, still waiting for abbreviated messages that would make my night sweeter a bit but he failed. "Don't you have more than enough of her" I shrug.
The opaque darkness mesmerized me. “Why don’t you turn the lights on, the switch is right there next to your left” my dad suggested but I asserted I’m okay. Other than the blue light that my phone emits and the red light seen far behind the right wing of our abode (appearing to be a cell site), there’s none. How come there’s no chirping lights in this place yet? Normally, during these times after November 1, the neighborhood is well lighted with adoring Christmas lights of all kinds, colors and grand. There’s still no sound or traces of December here. I forgot my mom was saying something to me early this morning; it goes like I have to check out the busted lamps of last year’s setup. Oh, by the way, I was still asleep then and that it goes out of my mind almost. On the other hand I wonder if we did have Christmas last year. My Lolo passed away the December 26th and I still recall spending Christmas Eve on the hospital.
Life is changing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home