Bang! Bang!
Muan 12/21
I caught the Inquirer’s editorial yesterday. On opposing pages are columns of Professor Randy David and Rev. Fr. Jerry Orbos SDV cohesively talking about the fallen idol – FPJ.
I recall mid last week when I got stacked at EDSA - Ortigas flyover north bound. It was around 12 midnight and apparently a convoy carrying the remains of the King was heading across our location. Honks signifying the actor’s acronym can be heard on the traffic that paused for few minutes. My remaining time on the way home was a recollection of stories about the man who died in coma, Wednesday night at St. Lukes hospital. I have no choice, I happen to hitched with a FPJ fan cab driver from Cotabato. He shared, in their place, moviegoers would shoot the white canvass (screen used in the rurals) when FPJ is defeated. Well, he was never defeated as critics would say "the King even defeated death."
Maybe, the sudden hiatus created by that event is explainable; much hyperbole created by media, politics and showbiz intertwined.
What is with this man? I asked myself days after. The growing crowd paying their last respect in Sto. Domingo is quiet fascinating to me. I wonder if somewhere I share the same stories, I share the same experiences as recalled by these amassed followers.
I observed my dad last Sunday on how is he reacting on the news. I can’t say my father is a die-hard fan but I remember each Saturday when we’re still kids, we would gather in front of our black & white Nevico TV set after dinner to watch FPJ film. My three brothers and I would mimic the action stunts complete with handgun sounds while watching and my father would then tell us “Tumahimik nga kayo, naiintindihan nyo kaya yang palabas eh ang gulo-gulo niyo”.
My dad was right.
We may never understand the films we’ve watched, nor recall the titles of those FPJ films but one thing that I would treasure is that I felt "I was once a kid and probably had killed my brothers a hundred times by a hand gun complete with sound effects."
And forgive me but I have to thank and share sympathy for the man who bonded us as one family at one point in our lives.
Note: Sorry hind ko na na-edit, pasensyahan niyo na english carabao ko.
I caught the Inquirer’s editorial yesterday. On opposing pages are columns of Professor Randy David and Rev. Fr. Jerry Orbos SDV cohesively talking about the fallen idol – FPJ.
I recall mid last week when I got stacked at EDSA - Ortigas flyover north bound. It was around 12 midnight and apparently a convoy carrying the remains of the King was heading across our location. Honks signifying the actor’s acronym can be heard on the traffic that paused for few minutes. My remaining time on the way home was a recollection of stories about the man who died in coma, Wednesday night at St. Lukes hospital. I have no choice, I happen to hitched with a FPJ fan cab driver from Cotabato. He shared, in their place, moviegoers would shoot the white canvass (screen used in the rurals) when FPJ is defeated. Well, he was never defeated as critics would say "the King even defeated death."
Maybe, the sudden hiatus created by that event is explainable; much hyperbole created by media, politics and showbiz intertwined.
What is with this man? I asked myself days after. The growing crowd paying their last respect in Sto. Domingo is quiet fascinating to me. I wonder if somewhere I share the same stories, I share the same experiences as recalled by these amassed followers.
I observed my dad last Sunday on how is he reacting on the news. I can’t say my father is a die-hard fan but I remember each Saturday when we’re still kids, we would gather in front of our black & white Nevico TV set after dinner to watch FPJ film. My three brothers and I would mimic the action stunts complete with handgun sounds while watching and my father would then tell us “Tumahimik nga kayo, naiintindihan nyo kaya yang palabas eh ang gulo-gulo niyo”.
My dad was right.
We may never understand the films we’ve watched, nor recall the titles of those FPJ films but one thing that I would treasure is that I felt "I was once a kid and probably had killed my brothers a hundred times by a hand gun complete with sound effects."
And forgive me but I have to thank and share sympathy for the man who bonded us as one family at one point in our lives.
Note: Sorry hind ko na na-edit, pasensyahan niyo na english carabao ko.

2 Comments:
the best of the season to you.
--ayen
no one in our family watched his movies. that or my father has been watching it and we kids were too busy to take notice. so maybe that's the reason why i was indifferent abotut he whole thing. but i do feel sad as death has a certain effect on everybody.
merry christmas to you adn your family!
-CheR-
http://onewaytrain.blogdrive.com
Post a Comment
<< Home