Reshuffle
Muan 02/23
Allow me to tout few things about my new toy. I bought this certainly not because I am using a Powerbook because if I do, I’d probably bought one of the iPods since its debut two years ago.
The thing that sold me to Shuffle is that its relative small – (literally) in size and capacity. Shuffles come in 512mb and 1 Gigger capacity. I had my P900 right after I got this Powerbook early last year. I was wondering then if my phone could do a pseudo-iPod function since it does play well mp3 music, besides its flash-based storage capability, it comes with earphones as well. I also bought an FM tuner. But never used it that long.
That made me realize not to buy the iPod. I said I am only going to buy once I got an entry level or Pro DSLR. IPods can be my best friend then since it can serve as external hard drive for storage.
So here comes iPod U2 – I am a big fan of U2 but just the same, it doesn’t sell to me. I would rather spend my hard earned cash buying the complete album release of U2 than buying the black iPod.
And then iPod Photo was released. Going back to the original plan, I will only buy it when my Nikon D10 comes.
IPod Mini’s are cute and equally adorable like Rice Crackers. Yeah, ‘luv that sassy pink body and I will buy one for Rice Crackers once she… (uhm never mind).
Apparently, on unprecedented event happening in the company, I needed to junk all my mp3 collection from my lappy.
It took me days to bring out and bring it back again my precious selection. I just noticed that in a week, I would play just a few tracks and organize them as playlists depending on my mood; this in a matter is often influenced by immediate surroundings – radio, klite, itunes, virgin radio, mrt, taxi, movie, etc. This blog alone kept few of the playlists I had.
So there, Shuffle came out during the Apple Expo held recently. I was lucky to check the Shuffle won by a fellow mugger last time in one of our meetings probably the first Shuffle ever land to Philippine soil that time. Amazed how genius Apple can be when comes to retail products, I promised to get myself a treat once the 512mb’s become available.
Retail price is around 6990K (512mb) and 9990K (1gb) a unit.
Last night, I planned to drop by in Apple Center Megamall to check the 12” iBook demo. I was planning long time to get Muan an apprentice unit. I’ve been suffering back pains bringing Muan around. Unfortunately, the iBook demo was borrowed from the store and to my disappointment, I braved to asked how much a 512mb Shuffle would cost.
At first, the shop attendant was ignoring me. So I politely asked again, and asked if he won’t mind getting me a stock ‘coz I’ll be buying one. I got the 1GB.
I was inspecting and reading the whole bunch of stuff found on the box thicker than 3-stack of CD jewel cases while charging my Shuffle. It says I needed at least 4 hours of charging time before I can use it.
I woke up at around 2am. Too sleepy to check and try the Shuffle for the first time, I went back hitting the sack.
My phone alarmed around 7 this morning, it reminded quick that I just got a Shuffle myself last night. So there, plug-it in, installed software and do the Shuffle!
I let iTunes randomly select a playlist for me.
First song played on my Shuffle? “There’s No Such Thing’ by John Mayer.
Woah, what a good song to start. I feel like I wanna scream out loud to the top of my lungs!
True to Apple claims that you’ll never have the same experience twice.
How does it know which songs to play next? Can it read my mind? Can it read my moods?
Interestingly, when I reached Shangrila Mall this morning near the FX Terminal to get a ride to Tektite, Paul William’s ”I Wont Last A Day Without You” song was qued – exactly the same song that runs at the back of my head yesterday after I accidentally saw Rice Crackers in the vicinity.
Certainly, it's good to mix things up sometimes. You'll never know where it takes you.
Allow me to tout few things about my new toy. I bought this certainly not because I am using a Powerbook because if I do, I’d probably bought one of the iPods since its debut two years ago.
The thing that sold me to Shuffle is that its relative small – (literally) in size and capacity. Shuffles come in 512mb and 1 Gigger capacity. I had my P900 right after I got this Powerbook early last year. I was wondering then if my phone could do a pseudo-iPod function since it does play well mp3 music, besides its flash-based storage capability, it comes with earphones as well. I also bought an FM tuner. But never used it that long.
That made me realize not to buy the iPod. I said I am only going to buy once I got an entry level or Pro DSLR. IPods can be my best friend then since it can serve as external hard drive for storage.
So here comes iPod U2 – I am a big fan of U2 but just the same, it doesn’t sell to me. I would rather spend my hard earned cash buying the complete album release of U2 than buying the black iPod.
And then iPod Photo was released. Going back to the original plan, I will only buy it when my Nikon D10 comes.
IPod Mini’s are cute and equally adorable like Rice Crackers. Yeah, ‘luv that sassy pink body and I will buy one for Rice Crackers once she… (uhm never mind).
Apparently, on unprecedented event happening in the company, I needed to junk all my mp3 collection from my lappy.
It took me days to bring out and bring it back again my precious selection. I just noticed that in a week, I would play just a few tracks and organize them as playlists depending on my mood; this in a matter is often influenced by immediate surroundings – radio, klite, itunes, virgin radio, mrt, taxi, movie, etc. This blog alone kept few of the playlists I had.
So there, Shuffle came out during the Apple Expo held recently. I was lucky to check the Shuffle won by a fellow mugger last time in one of our meetings probably the first Shuffle ever land to Philippine soil that time. Amazed how genius Apple can be when comes to retail products, I promised to get myself a treat once the 512mb’s become available.
Retail price is around 6990K (512mb) and 9990K (1gb) a unit.
Last night, I planned to drop by in Apple Center Megamall to check the 12” iBook demo. I was planning long time to get Muan an apprentice unit. I’ve been suffering back pains bringing Muan around. Unfortunately, the iBook demo was borrowed from the store and to my disappointment, I braved to asked how much a 512mb Shuffle would cost.
At first, the shop attendant was ignoring me. So I politely asked again, and asked if he won’t mind getting me a stock ‘coz I’ll be buying one. I got the 1GB.
I was inspecting and reading the whole bunch of stuff found on the box thicker than 3-stack of CD jewel cases while charging my Shuffle. It says I needed at least 4 hours of charging time before I can use it.
I woke up at around 2am. Too sleepy to check and try the Shuffle for the first time, I went back hitting the sack.
My phone alarmed around 7 this morning, it reminded quick that I just got a Shuffle myself last night. So there, plug-it in, installed software and do the Shuffle!
I let iTunes randomly select a playlist for me.
First song played on my Shuffle? “There’s No Such Thing’ by John Mayer.
"Welcome to the real world", she said to me
Condescendingly
Take a seat
Take your life
Plot it out in black and white
Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings
And the drama queens
I'd like to think the best of me
Is still hiding
Up my sleeve
They love to tell you
Stay inside the lines
But something's better
On the other side”
Woah, what a good song to start. I feel like I wanna scream out loud to the top of my lungs!
True to Apple claims that you’ll never have the same experience twice.
How does it know which songs to play next? Can it read my mind? Can it read my moods?
Interestingly, when I reached Shangrila Mall this morning near the FX Terminal to get a ride to Tektite, Paul William’s ”I Wont Last A Day Without You” song was qued – exactly the same song that runs at the back of my head yesterday after I accidentally saw Rice Crackers in the vicinity.
Certainly, it's good to mix things up sometimes. You'll never know where it takes you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home