7.11.2005

Dog Of No Significant Breed

Margaux 07/11

Its quite windy tonight here in our place. A moist breeze swiftly dampen my skin as I shoo Whitie from our balcony who’s at that time is slacking in our old rattan sofa. On the far south are series of calm lightenings that silhoettes the acacia and coconut trees nearby. It was gusty but calm, the only thing I can hear are the crushing of leaves as they sway and ting-a-ling by wind chimes in our front door. Gone are the crickets.

I sat down on a wooven hammock and managed to sway a little, enough to get a cooler temperature. Whitie went back to her accustomed space in the sofa and reclaimed her disrupted nap. She pretended not see me. My phone rang, client #8 is asking for wifi hotspots in makati that offers free connection. I told him I don’t remember anyone is still offering free internet and suggested to hang up a little bit while I look up for a provider hotline. There!, dial asterisk 9910 I commanded. He said thanks and went out. In a sudden, I recall the things I have brought home to work on over the weekend. A restaurant menu systems due on Tuesday, a website outline for turnover, an inventory of project documentation and reports for submittion, an annual report design propossal for NGO client, and yes, a mandatory selection of playlist for the week. I suddenly felt the guilt since I have so much plan over the weekened. First I thought I coud shrink in a financial overview for my self. This measure I figured out would at least give me peace of mind as I embarked a new career. This will be my last week from my job #1 I was informed that I may not be able to collect my last pay some reasons. I havent signed a formal contract with another company. My cash on hand is only enough to pay obligations in the next two weeks not even sure, maybe I have to cut down my cab-riding habit. Dang! just thinking which is to be done first is already tiring so I pushed my legs against the monoblock chair on the side to move the hammock, this time, stronger as if this gesture would incapacitate me to get up.

Whitie is our black-purred dog of no significant breed. Clever, she jumps off quick as soon as she hear the dining table being set for dinner. I get up, pretended not to see her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home