Riding Cabs
Muan 01/29
I am skeptic on how this entry will turn out.
I just came from a tiring Saturday routine. A white cab just dropped me off a while ago. I rode five cabs just today- first; attending a client meeting, second; going to mall to buy a present for my inaanak 1st birthday in the afternoon, third; a swing to a product demo con group meeting in Locsin Building, fourth; proceeded to a nearby movie house in Taguig and meet with former colleagues, and lastly; a ride going back to apartment.
My week is almost made of the same garble. Being itinerant, I constantly moved from one place to another simply to make a living, or to get an incondite dose of distraction from the humdrum. Cabs were my best friends, I don’t own a car and I don’t want to drive one either unless its a BMW. (Aside; a Picanto will be okay though. End Aside) Being tired out is always a lame excuse for this lavishness. Heck! Who would want to get cramped in that heaving blue lane? (Aside: Not to mention the irritating guards doing the compulsory search with my hardshell. End Aside).
Why am I writing this one? I am certainly unsure, probably it’s been a spur-of-the-moment stirred by the last conversation I had with the manong cab driver. Uhm, at least I can say I was good doing my spiel tonight, or should I say I am lucky to fetch a good interviewee tonight. I am amazed until now realizing this very odd career (Aside; of interviewing cab drivers. End of Aside) If only I wasn’t obsessed in hitting the sack each night, I would devotedly wrote down transcribe of my interviews. We would talk almost spontaneously on various things and issues with these faceless guests in abruptly 20-30 minutes of treading my way home.
Tonight was a bit impressive; I was completely amassed on how to pick up things in my mind for 120 bucks. There are so many scope tapped and it was like I am making a rerun of previous episode in lieu of closing season. Well, most of my interviews were episodic rather than concluded. Tonight topic was cued on "how hard these days to make a living", (Aside; Uhm, an abused topic I must admit. End of Aside) and then it went to "living a single life versus a married life", "on being single and living it", "of settling down", "sex", then "sex as cheap, manic commodity", and "conduit obligation to a partner"… fucker I am getting old!?
Sad to say, just like the other I have to cut short out talk. I just hoped the extra 20 bucks sukli would be a 'nough token of gratitude to Mang Adelfor a transitory break from this muddle.
I am skeptic on how this entry will turn out.
I just came from a tiring Saturday routine. A white cab just dropped me off a while ago. I rode five cabs just today- first; attending a client meeting, second; going to mall to buy a present for my inaanak 1st birthday in the afternoon, third; a swing to a product demo con group meeting in Locsin Building, fourth; proceeded to a nearby movie house in Taguig and meet with former colleagues, and lastly; a ride going back to apartment.
My week is almost made of the same garble. Being itinerant, I constantly moved from one place to another simply to make a living, or to get an incondite dose of distraction from the humdrum. Cabs were my best friends, I don’t own a car and I don’t want to drive one either unless its a BMW. (Aside; a Picanto will be okay though. End Aside) Being tired out is always a lame excuse for this lavishness. Heck! Who would want to get cramped in that heaving blue lane? (Aside: Not to mention the irritating guards doing the compulsory search with my hardshell. End Aside).
Why am I writing this one? I am certainly unsure, probably it’s been a spur-of-the-moment stirred by the last conversation I had with the manong cab driver. Uhm, at least I can say I was good doing my spiel tonight, or should I say I am lucky to fetch a good interviewee tonight. I am amazed until now realizing this very odd career (Aside; of interviewing cab drivers. End of Aside) If only I wasn’t obsessed in hitting the sack each night, I would devotedly wrote down transcribe of my interviews. We would talk almost spontaneously on various things and issues with these faceless guests in abruptly 20-30 minutes of treading my way home.
Tonight was a bit impressive; I was completely amassed on how to pick up things in my mind for 120 bucks. There are so many scope tapped and it was like I am making a rerun of previous episode in lieu of closing season. Well, most of my interviews were episodic rather than concluded. Tonight topic was cued on "how hard these days to make a living", (Aside; Uhm, an abused topic I must admit. End of Aside) and then it went to "living a single life versus a married life", "on being single and living it", "of settling down", "sex", then "sex as cheap, manic commodity", and "conduit obligation to a partner"… fucker I am getting old!?
Sad to say, just like the other I have to cut short out talk. I just hoped the extra 20 bucks sukli would be a 'nough token of gratitude to Mang Adelfor a transitory break from this muddle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home