2.03.2005

You Blogger You!

Muan 02/03

Absolve me but I have so much time to kill really. I was initially at a loss whether to blog or not but I guess its blog-worthy.

I came across with a local news wire; uhm... yeah, that-fearless-often-malicious newspaper. Jump from the homepage to the opinion columns of some notable journalist and public figures. Through out the day, I did visited the site I think thrice or more checking the bottom portion of their homepage, hoping the latest 6/45 draw result would change. Click! and I arrived at the young-ster section of the page. The term "blog" caught my eye and there, I found my self reading a lenghty interview of a former blogger friend. She was featured for doing such noble, humanitarian cause - blogging.

Allow me to take credit for I was the one who taught him how to get a _ _ _ _, errr.. a blog. Well, I saw the "his" word in the scribes. I'd like to disowned it but okay, it's me I must admit. Its a good thing she didn't mentioned my name. It feels good to find some people you've met online, in blogs particularly finding solace with their virtual abode.

On the other hand, a heated discussion about a local IT organization's much touted "sexist" search among the fairer IT personels was flamming in almost every local forum I know. So the organizer responded and was reported "BOWING to vociferous criticism, the Philippine Computer Society (PCS) has cancelled its controversial Digital Pinay 2005 competition after sponsors of the contest backed out." - INQ7 said.

Look what blogging community can do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs P said...

I've also read about such controversy at Alarilla's blog (http://babelmachine.blogspot.com). Have you checked this one out yet?

'bout ISO, our company here has gone through the same thing. Everybody was nervous (especially me because I can barely speak proper nihongo!) and it was a really BIG deal here. Everyone really prepared for it so we got certified (that's how they call it right?). ;-)

2/04/2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger maun said...

yep. his blog became an instrumental and a credible source in this hullabaloo.

haha, funny employee throwing questions to our poor quality chief officer;

employee: "what happen if we don't pass the certification?"
quality chief officer: "uhm, we'll have to wait another year before we can apply for an audit"
employee: "what will happen to you?"

hilarious!

2/04/2005 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home