2.08.2005

Yakity-yak

Muan 02/08

I bumped on Jose last night at Greenbelt I. A familiar face waved from the crowded Starbucks al fresco area fronting the AIM along Paseo de Roxas.

“Be sure you’re ready to join us?” he suggested after a casual introduction to his female colleague. “I’ll place my order first” I pleaded.

“So why do guys are polygamous then?” I over heard their discussion was as I went out from the store.

“You’re still the Jose I know” I joked as I pull of a chair next to us. (I forgot her name) suddenly confided a blank stare at me, puzzled about my pronouncement.

Jose preceded his casual introduction about me; “This is Ed, my block mate in college, yadda yadda, yadda.. .

“Yeah, and you’re the only one who can talk about these things way back then!”
I reiterated.

“Certainly because they (referring to our peers) were too busy with their PS2 stints”, and we’re the only ones who can discuss serious matters," he insisted.

“So why do guys are polygamous?” (I forgot her name) asked.

“Isn’t it you who answered it right then?” throwing back the question to him.

“No. ikaw yun.” He chided. We looked at each other and laughed.



Ed's Note: Jose is my good friend way back in the Atelier years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home